The Flottweg Sedicanter® is used for the separation of solids from liquids when the solids form a soft to flowable sediment.
The Sedicanter® is used in cases where the solids are too fine to be processed in a normal decanter and the sediment cannot be easily discharged from the decanter due to its soft consistency. During the separation process, the liquid and the solids move in the same direction without having to pass through a turbulent inlet zone. The centrate is discharged through an adjustable impeller. The sediment accumulates in the Sedicanter®, and is then hydrautically pressed out of the bowl beneath an immersion disc.
Applications for the Sedicanter® include “soft products” such as biomasses, yeast suspensions, protein suspensions, fermentation broths, and many more.
• Up to 10,000 x g centrifugal force possible to facilitate the separation of very fine, slowly settling solids
• Uniquely designed feed distributor and bowl seal to prevent foaming in the product inlet zone
• Gastight machine design (optional)
• Clean-in-place provisions available to meet pharmaceutical industry standards
• Fluoropolymer rotor seals available for critical applications
• Optional drives including the Flottweg Simp Drive®
Centrifuges are usually flushed clean before shutdown. Depending on the application, different cleaning systems may be incorporated into the centrifuge design. Flottweg Centrifuges are designed for continuous operation and do not have to be opened for cleaning. Flottweg Centrifuges for pharmaceutical, biotech and food processing applications are designed for the integration into Clean-in-Place (CIP) systems.
CLEANING OF CENTRIFUGES FOR
For the majority of applications (e.g. waste water, separation of crystalline products), it is sufficient to flush the centrifuge before shutdown through the feed pipe to remove deposits of solids. The flushing time and the type of cleaning fluid are product-dependent. In most cases the use of solids-free centrate will be adequate. Additional rinsing nozzles for cleaning the housing, the bowl exterior and the scroll interior can be installed if requested.
CLEANING OF CENTRIFUGES FOR PHARMACEUTICAL,
BIOTECH AND FOOD PROCESSING
The requirements for efficient cleaning are particularly high in the biotech, pharmaceutical and food industries. Flottweg designs its centrifuges to meet the rigid cleaning requirements in these industries.
Characteristic features of centrifuges which meet hygienic requirements are:
• All welds are ground to meet specific sanitary finish standards (optional)
• All product wetted parts are provided with a surface finish in accordance with specified surface roughness values
• Spray nozzles are provided for the centrifuge housing and for the interior of the scroll body
• The centrate impeller is adjustable to facilitate the flushing of the bowl
• Frequency-controlled drives for CIP-cleaning at low speed
• Electropolished scroll, housing and bowl surfaces (optional)